Lost Ark is an upcoming MMORPG that combines the fast paced gameplay found in action RPGs like Diablo 3 with the sense of discovery and immersion found in open world MMORPGs. The game will feature both open world environments and instanced raids like those found in Vindictus. Players will even be able to discover unique islands in Lost Ark as they explore the World Map abroad their own ships. Lost Ark has some similarities to Lineage Eternal, another upcoming Korean MMORPG, but seems to offer a wider range of features.
LOST ARK KEY FEATURES:
- Set Sail for Adventure – explore the world on your own Ark to discover unique areas or hunt for treasure!
- Multiple Classes – seven classes revealed thus far with up to eighteen in total awaiting release.
- Raid Bosses and Cinematic Dungeons – team up to defeat powerful bosses on interactive battlegrounds.
- The Colosseum – challenge other players to combat in 1v1 or 3v3 PvP matches.
- Tripod Skill System – mix different skill elements to perform different variants of the same base skills.
- Mini Games – take a break at the local tavern and challenge players to a monster card game or keg drinking contest.
- Live Your Life – mine, fish, dig for artifacts, chop trees, and practice other life skills to collect valuable resources.
- Island Ownership – conquer and manage your own island as you see fit.
LOST ARK CLASSES
Seven of the eighteen classes have been revealed thus far.
- Battle Master – powerful female monks that specializes in unarmed melee combat. They can deliver devastating combos with speed and precision. The Battle Master uses an elemental gauge to perform her special abilities.
- Devil Hunter – the master of arms. Devil Hunters require quick reflexes to switch between their dual pistols, shotgun, and rifle during combat. Each weapon offer a different skill set and swapping between them allows for varied combos.
- Arcana – a ranged DPS specialist equipped with arcane magic imbued cards. A card roulette feature allows her to pull from a number of available cards to cast various skill altering effects.
- Warlord – the heavily armored Warlord is equipped with a shield and a special lance cannon. Warlords consume their bullet gauge when using their explosive lance cannon skills.
- Infighter – a powerful martial artists with explosive attacks that can pulverize or knock back groups of enemies. Infighters do not rely on mana, but must instead manage a combination of red and green energy.
- Summoner – the primary caster class, Summoners call forth a variety of summons to aid them in combat. Some summons only last for a single skill use while others follow the Summoner and protect her in combat.
- Berserker – the primary melee AoE and DPS class. Berserkers fight on the front lines and can enter a fiery rage state for up to one minute. Despite their heavy armor, Berserkers move through combat quickly.