Albion Online (AO) is a medieval fantasy MMORPG being developed by Sandbox Interactive, a studio based in Berlin, Germany. Players can currently purchase “Founder’s Packs” which grant access to the closed beta play-tests which have been run intermittently by Sandbox Interactive, typically after an interval of a few months of development. Albion Online removed its free-to-play model for various reasons on December 30th, 2015.
- Classless progression – no rigid class system. Equipment determines your role and players are encouraged to experiment. In the game’s own words, “You are what you wear.”
- Player Driven Economy – gather resources and craft items. All items and buildings are crafted by players. Players can even create their own farms!
- Full Loot MMORPG – death is kind of a big deal in Albion Online and it means players can have all their items looted upon death.
- Player Built Cities – build your very own house and decorate it however you like. Players can also create their own cities and villages as well as battle other guilds over in-game territory.
- True Cross-Platform Support – one massive server for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android clients.
A DANGEROUS WORLD:
INTRODUCTION OF SIX DIFFERENT LORES:
- Royal Expeditionary
Sent from the Old World to the coasts of Albion to exploit its resources, the Royals now serve as a place of refuge for newcomers in Albion. Not out of charity, of course, but to fill the King’s coffers in the Old World.
- Disciples of Morgana
Once an immensely powerful sorceress, Morgana diminished after a cataclysmic battle with Merlin at the end of the Great War. However, her devoted Disciples walk the earth still, bearing her standard in the name of evil, devastation… and revenge.
- The Heretics
The Heretics were corrupted heavily by the magical fallout from the Great War, and are now barely recognizable as their former selves. Crazed, they roam the world of Albion with no purpose but indiscriminate murder. Show them no mercy!
- Keepers of Albion
Deep in the forests dwell Albion’s oldest denizens, its Keepers. The native inhabitants of Albion channel its dangerous magical power from the nature around them, and are remnants of a forgotten era of peace. They will fight fiercely for their home!
- The Undead
The fallen of Albion rarely stay dead for long… Skeletal forms of restless spirits roam in the dark, cavernous recesses of the crypts and dungeons under the earth, preying on unwitting adventurers. These husks know no mercy, and should be shown none!
- Demons of Hell
From hideous, fiery nightmares comes an entirely new threat to the world of Albion: The Demons of Hell. For now, their presence is felt only dimly as they try to force their way through gates between this world and theirs, but their will to crossover is unwavering.